Diana Coto, LLM
Degrees and academic credentials:
- 1997- LL.M. (Master of Laws) Harvard Law School , Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- 1994- Law School Degree (J.D equivalent), Universidad Autónoma de Centroamérica U.A.C.A. San José, Costa Rica.
- 1994 - Notary Public, Universidad Autónoma de Centroamérica U.A.C.A. San José, Costa Rica.
- 1993- Bachelor of Laws . Universidad Autónoma de Centroamérica U.A.C.A. San José, Costa Rica
- Academic Award for academic excellence. Awarded by the Universidad Autónoma de Centro América, 1995.
- Summa Cum Laude Probatus, Law School Degree, Universidad Autónoma de Centro América, 1994.
- Cum Laude Probatus, Bachelor of Laws degree, Universidad Autónoma de Centro América, 1993.
Professional and Academical Experience:
-1990- 1991: Assistant in the Attorney General's Office, San José, Costa Rica.
-1995 - to 2000: Executive Director Asociación Red de Consumidores Alerta. San José, Costa Rica.
-1995 to current date: Partner, Saborio & Coto Law Firm, San José, Costa Rica.
-1997 to 1998: Law instructor for courses in Public Law and Tax Procedure, Masters degree program on Tax Advise for Enterprises, ULACIT. San José Costa Rica.
-1998-1999: Contributor to the Semanario El Financiero on tax law related topics.
-1999- 2001: Executive Director del Reform Project of the Legal Framework of the Public Administration. overseen by the Second Vicepresidency of the Costa Rican Republic / IDB.
Since 1994- Attorney at law by the Costa Rican Bar Association
Since 1994- Notary Public, by the Supreme Court of Costa Rica
Since 1999- Attorney and Counselor at law, by the Appellate Division of the Supreme Court of the State of New York, USA.
Fluent in English
Fluent in Spanish
Membership in organizations:
- Costa Rican Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Tax Section, NYSBA
- Harvard Law School Alumni Association
© 2020 Saborio & Coto Abogados